Deal: GoG offers D&D bundle for $21
If you’re a fan of classic RPGs, you may want to take a quick look at Good Old Games’ special offer this weekend – ten Dungeons & Dragons games in a bundle for $21.10.
It includes the original Baldur’s Gate and its sequel Shadows of Amn, which have at times been credited with reviving the D&D franchise on computer. As a very story-led games, it takes you on a journey around the western edge of Faerun, the setting of the Forgotten Realms campaign.
Using the same engine, but in a very, very different setting is the sublime Planescape: Torment, seriously overlooked at the time of its release but building up appreciation since (and becoming the subject of a spiritual sequel/remake thanks to the Torment Kickstarter recently).
The pack also contains other classics including the Neverwinter Nights titles, as well as a couple of titles which received more lukewarm reaction, such as the more action-based Demon Stone – although the game is still worth playing if only to experience R. A. Salvatore’s script.
The bundle is also customisable, if you don’t want to get them all.
The offer’s titles in full:
- Baldur’s Gate: The Original Saga (1999) (Baldur’s Gate and Tales of Sword Coast expansion)
- Planescape: Torment (1999)
- Baldur’s Gate 2 Complete (2000) (Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Baal expansion)
- Icewind Dale Complete (2001) (Icewind Dale and both Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions)
- Icewind Dale 2 (2002)
- The Temple of Elemental Evil (2003)
- Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (2004)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard (2005)
- Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition (2005) (Neverwinter Nights, and the Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark and Kingmaker expansions)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete (2006) (Neverwinter Nights 2, and the Mask of the Betrayer, Storm of Zehir, and Mysteries of Westgate expansions)
The offer is running this weekend through to (and including) Monday 8th.