Call Of Duty: Black Ops II And Far Cry 3 Top UK Charts Again Last Week
According to UKIE GfK Chart-Track, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Far Cry 3 were the top two selling titles in the UK last week, marking the second week in a row that the two shooters were able to control the top of the sales chart.
For Call of Duty: Black Ops II, this was the fourth straight week that Activision’s flagship game held the top spot in the UK charts, despite a 15% week-over-week drop in unit sales. The accomplishment places it in an elite group as only the fourth game this year to maintain the top position on the chart for four consecutive weeks (FIFA 12, FIFA 13, and LEGO Batman 2 being the other three games).
The only new game released last week in the UK was Nintendo’s 3DS title Paper Mario Sticker Star, which debuted in a disappointing 40th place on both the All-Formats and Individual SKU charts.
One interesting note about the UK charts this last week was the lack of Wii U exclusive software. In the prior week Nintendo Land ranked as the highest selling Wii U game in 11th place. Its drop down to 26th place this week is a troubling signal for the console’s sales pattern. The title is only available as a pack-in with the Wii U and, unlike the Wii U’s launch, the new console’s stock was reported to be “plentiful” at UK retailers last week.
Time will tell if the system is really in trouble, but it is most likely not the start that Nintendo was hoping for.
The UK Top 20 Software All-Formats Chart for the week ending December 8, 2012 reads as follows:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
2. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
5. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
6. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
7. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
8. Need for Speed Most Wanted (EA)
9. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
10. WWE ’13 (THQ)
11. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
12. Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Mind Candy)
13. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
14. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
15. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
16. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
17. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
18. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
19. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
20. Dishonored (Bethesda)